Where to Start?
The NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) is one of the most beloved gaming consoles. From 1983 - 1994 there were roughly 750 games released in the North American market! Today the system is relatively cheap and can be found at most swap meets and online auction sites.
Before buying a vintage console there are a few things to watch for.
- The NES consoles sell for between $30 to $70 depending on the condition and accessories included.
- Average NES games range from $5-$15, depending on rarity and quality of the game. Though some games are valued at $17,000!
Required Accessory List:
- AC adapter
- RCA Cables (RF isn't needed)
- 1-2 Controllers
- Many consoles blink repeatably when powered on. How to Fix: 72 Pin Adapter
- Games will not load or graphics are glitched. How to Clean: Dirty Game Carts
- Check the case for discoloring, cracks and chips. Avoid abused units.
Upgrades & Modifications:
- Disable the Lock-out Chip: How To: Kill the Chip
- Add true stereo outputs: How To: NES Stereo Mods
- Change the power LED to a new color (Coming Soon)
- De-yellow & Clean the case. How To: Plastic Whitening